Yikes!

Oh my.

Last night I got bored or something and read Kicker. It was worse than I expected as far as continuity goes, but some of the writing is pretty good. I think I even had a couple good sections of dialogue, and that's the part of my writing I think I do the worst. I may be getting better!

It surprised me how much I talked about underwear. I fixed some of it today...my first revision!

It's far away from what I want it to be and I'm wondering what to do. I can either try to make it more like what I envisioned or (and this is the better idea) make it more of what it is. The thing I was too stoopid to realize before I started is that if I have two POVs, it ends up being more than one person's story. To do the thing justice, I may need to bring Lotty's side of things to some sort of conclusion, too.

Oh well. It's not like I have anything else to do with my life.

1 comments:

firefly said...

well, i'm afraid to actually go back and read my novel in any way shape or form. though i'm still writing it too.