(Another) New Era

Where did I leave off?

The big news is my spanking-new blog! It has, so far, a test entry!

After tabulating the vote, I decided instead of trying to keep my writing thoughts here that I'd create a new blog just for them. It isn't, yet, on the half-dozen home page, but the address is www.half-dozen.net/Scribe

Those who prefer me to stay on topic may find that blog more enjoyable. Oh, sure, there'll be whining and bouts of unbridled optimism, but I intend, there, to stay on topic and blog about reading and writing. Here, as before, most anything can pop up at any time.

Like this:
Elevator

Yesterday I noticed this tool wasn't set up for kindly Dr. Jennifer Chen to use. It's sad that I know the tools dentists need for extractions, but she seemed surprised that I'd notice it missing. "You're smart," she said, omitting that if I had intelligence I wouldn't be losing teeth due to neglect and horrifying habits. "But I won't need it."

I didn't know the name of the tool, so I asked. It's an elevator, and if one were to do a Google search on "dental elevator" there's all kinds of links to pages that make me shiver.

The tooth (and I didn't get its number) offered only mild resistance. I was fine, rode my bike back home with a mouth full of gauze, and it wasn't until the Novocaine wore off that I felt much of anything at all.

Then it hurt, but a few hours later I took some aspirin, which did the trick.

0 comments: