Officially Spring!

I may have noticed it was Officially Spring earlier, and if I did, it's Officially Spring Again! Just in time, too!

Today I saw my local symbol of Spring, the possums returning to Westchester. I hate possums, although I'm told I shouldn't. No, they aren't officially rats, but they look like them, and just being marsupials isn't enough for them not to give me the creeps.

They do, and I'd be happy not seeing any more, ever again.

Today's possum was walking, slinking, sauntering, along the power lines. It's the same thing I've seen rats do a few times and squirrels all the time, but the possum does it slowly. Asshole.

So, now that it's Officially Spring I need to get cracking on my Spring Cleaning. I have some outdated thinking to throw out, some computer organizing to do, and a couple rooms to thoroughly clean. The odds of me doing any of the above are slim.

But ... with the return of the possum things can only get better, especially if I don't see him again.

2 comments:

The Angler said...

I had a possum for a pet when I was a kid. His mamma abandoned him for some reason and my grandpa brought him to me. I fed him and played with him for about a week. I don't know what happened, but he got sick and died. Maybe it was all that cheese I was giving him. I wished I'd known he was a marsupial back then!

russ said...

The first one I saw had been attacked by a dog of mine. It was dead, and I put it in the trash.

The next day, it was gone. I freaked, because it was *really* dead, I was sure of it! The fact that it fooled me just freaked me out, and I haven't trusted them since.