One Step Back

Although you can't tell by looking, yesterday's post was a failure.

Unless you were very quick you may not have noticed troubles with yesterday's post. Oh, sure, the written part came up okay (and continues to be an insightful commentary on Michelin's woes), but the picture never came up as easily as advertised.

I couldn't leave my blogging software alone for too long, so I added some plugin that facilitates posting of pictures. After several tries, it failed differently than it had originally, and while I was encouraged by the progress I was in no mood to wrestle it further.

So I loaded yesterday's pic the old fashioned way, typing in the links and stuff.

Today one might expect another a nice picture, but one would be disappointed. I may tack one on later, but I'm content today to leave well enough alone and just go back to what I can do easily: ramble.

I've heard that the theme-switcher thing is working for some people, staying permanently fixed, and it is for me now, too. To the best of my knowledge, Half-Dozen is a non-intrusive, privacy aware site. I don't rip names or e-mail addresses from your browser, I don't collect time zones or much other than IP addresses and how you got here.

Also, I don't even worry very much about my site stats. I'm not in this for numbers, only trying to leave a record of my passage on this planet the least-intrusive way I know how and to amuse myself.

2 comments:

cybele said...

For the most part, when I add pictures on Fast Fiction, I upload them to my host and then hand code them into my blog entry. There's a feature in Blogger that allows you to upload an image if you are hosting the blog yourself, so that's how I do it with Candy Blog.

Moveable Type, which is what we have for blogging.la has a swell feature where you upload the photo and then it gives you all those options of inline or create a thumnail and a popup.

russ said...

I "manually" upload, too. I got it to work today after discovering that the instruction site had three pages, two more than I first saw.

Now, to insert a pic (after uploading it), I just type !@(imagename.jpg) and the computer does the rest, including making the thumbnail!