Not so Fancy

Now that it's summer my thoughts can return to things not related to love. This may prove beneficial, since I find it as hard to consider both love and everything else as I would driving while talking on the phone.

Also, love is a touchy subject and one I'm not so good at. I love the thrill of it, but I have a hard time keeping it going. It's not a fault, and I don't look at it that way, but it's annoying.

It keeps getting harder, too. I'm becoming more used to being myself and while I still think I do a good job of making considerations for others I may not be as tolerant as I once was. I don't actively dislike anyone, but I seem to inspire increasing amounts of frustration in those around me. It's not intentional, but I think it's there.

Someone I knew was recently married, and I think that's great. I'm a sucker for weddings and a huge fan of love, but it's summer now and I need to start worrying about my abs, I guess. That and my tan. There's little sense in paying all this money to live in Southern California if I'm going to be fish-belly white.

This year I hope to visit and swim in the ocean more, unless I'm lucky enough to be gainfully employed. I was never a surfer, but I body surf, which I consider natural and healthy. It's also good for one's heart since that typically gets plenty of exercise racing when it seems likely I will drown or become injured.

It's kind of sad to put love back on the shelf, but I hope to dust it off and see it as an old friend next year. By then I might even be reasonable!

0 comments: