A Blogger of One

It's true that I seek out ways to differ from the masses, but I don't consider that a virtue. Still, I'm often reminded how successful I am at it.

Me:
I find the overwhelming majority of message boards to be filled with people who think in ways quite different from mine. I'm struck over and over again by the certainty of those around me, by the simplicity they demonstrate and I cannot. I guess these are the masses to whom the politicians speak when they reduce complex issues to soundbites.

Myself:
I wonder if I use humor as a weapon. I'm cynical, jaded if you will, and don't often demonstrate seriousness. It's not that I don't care or hold things dear, but I don't find much in my life that deserves reverance. I think, though it often offends those around me, anything can be poked fun of, but I do so by reducing it to an absurdity, not because I'm mean. I have a hard time with people who can't see the humor in their beliefs.

I:
One reason I hate the Republican party is because it caters to corporations. Yes, I know we all need to work and corporations hire tons of people, and, yes, they aren't really independent entities but, instead, are run by flesh and blood people with hopes, dreams, fears, and loved ones hired to serve their investors, but it's all too greedy for my liking.
But I also, often, hate the Democratic Party for its prevailing notion that we should all serve the state.
Maybe it's just that I hate politicians, who rarely listen but simply parrot what their party's insist they say. If any of them takes a non-party line, they suffer the loss of the party's backing and can't be elected. Both parties pander to their equally large supporters, both worry more about being elected than in serving, and Mr. Smith is nowhere near Washington and never has been.

I'm afraid I've painted myself into an unlovable corner in my effort to be true to myself. But, it's summer now, and no time to be worrying about that!

0 comments: