Jeopardy!

I could totally kick those kids's asses on Junior Jeopardy.

I suck at regular Jeopardy!. I've been watching it the last few weeks, though, since
Mario Bartiromo mentioned a couple weeks ago that she'd be on. No, I'm not in love with her or anything, but she's on, talking about stocks, when I watch CNBC to see how much worse my financial future is. Turns out I think she's on next week, but that's not the point.

Watching Jeopardy! has taught me that many more people know a lot more about things than I do. I think a lot, some might say too much, but I'm not very in touch with things and haven't studied the kind of things you know to win at Jeopardy! I know a few paintings by some artists, a little bit about well-known music, but could never compete with the braniacs on the show. I'm one of those "I know what I like" kind of guys, more than the studying ones.

I keep thinking about Rosie on White Men Can't Jump and an article in GQ or some place years ago about a guy who made it onto the show. All I remember is that you're asked to bring five changes of clothes, so it can look like the shows were taped on different days.

But...and this is the key...while I don't get all the answers, I could probably win against the kids. Not today, of course, since the eldest girl--a twelve year old--knew something about Yellowstone Park that I didn't, but I would have won against the eleven year old challengers. Got to figure out how to do one of those Big things, or Freaky Friday, and make me some money.

0 comments: