Dream Theory

I just lost my ring. I'd been playing with it and had it loose on my finger when I tossed something across the room and it flew off. I feel naked, though not particularly vulnerable.

A cool thing about dreams is how someone is "introduced" as being my best friend. A total stranger shows up in my dreams, sometimes, but in the dream he or she is my friend or lover or whatever and I never question it. I think that's neat, and consider it meaningful, like there's one part of our brain that stores associations and another that perceives things and this is proof that they can get crossed up.

In the dream, for some reason, I had a test of determining what was wrong with the garage. I had three flares to use to find out the problem. I punctured a soda bottle and it spun on the floor, spraying the empty walls with water to protect against setting fire to the garage. The first flare burned on the floor and the second I had trouble figuring out how to get in my mouth (!) to heat up a tooth or something (!) to fix the roof. I went in the backyard and there were several ladders because construction was going on and used one of them and the final flare to see that there was only a sheet of plywood for the roof. No joists or framing of any kind. (another roof dream)


I knew I could fix it with some 2X4s but there were none. I tried to talk to some of the guys in the construction crew, I think I wanted them to buy me some 2X4s, but had no luck. Nor could I finish telling them about Bo and his gift of half a five gallon drum of drywall screws.

Inside the house there was an open house thing going on. One of the girls who lived there (!) was having a "which is the more comfortable bed" or "help me decide the better bed" contest, and there were signs pointing to bed A and bed B. My friend was lying on bed A and I was looking around and her bathroom was completely filled with clothes. My friend was lying on his back, and when he got up I tried to show him up by lying on my side, like I would do if going to sleep. People came in when I was done and in the bathroom drinking from the faucet and they all commented on how there were so many clothes you couldn't approach the wall to hang any pictures.

Bed B was hard to find, but was covered in leather as if to make us think it was the better bed. There was also a nearby test of "which is the pen I should buy?" and one was a Tiffany and the other wasn't. I did not have my MontBlanc to use, as my friend suggested.

0 comments: