I could kick myself...

Oh, now I've done it.

So, last night I was out writing with a friend and hammering away on my AlphaSmart. Some of the keys have become a little sticky, but no big deal (and you can probably already see where this is headed).

To make things better I pulled off all the keys and cleaned the crap out. I wish the problem, now, is that I simply replaced them in the wrong places, but I've managed to make the Z and the G worse than any key was originally. They stick down, once pressed, instead of the earlier problem when other keys required more force than I cared to apply.

So now I get to use those keys once. Then, they stay pressed down and rapidly fill up lines and lines with the letter until I turn the damn thing off, pry the key back up, turn it on and doing a lot of backspacing.

Yes, I have a laptop, but the battery sucks.

2 comments:

methinks said...

heh! imagine this is my commmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmment... and mmmmmmy backspace doesn't work ha ha ha! this is fun! :laugh:

Russ said...

Very funny.

For those keeping track, the keys which no longer function are the G and the Z.