Joys of TiVo

So, a few years ago I bought a TiVo and have yet to hack it. That may be coming soon, given my current level of boredom with all things that work in life.

Anyway, TiVo, if you didn't know, records two types of programs: those you tell it to record for you and others it thinks you might enjoy, based on past viewing. What it finds on its own is usually just other versions of things I watch, but it occasionally discovers some real gems. One thing it does is record Spanish shows, but I don't mind. Their soap operas are much better looking than ours.

My particular TiVo (for now -- see hacking comment above) holds about fifteen hours of programs. One thing TiVo is adamant about is being full at all times. Earlier this week I recorded the Westminster Dog Show for my sister and that chewed up some six hours of programming. When she'd watched and deleted them, TiVo found a huge hole that it had to fill.

What TiVo felt I would want to watch, and what it recorded for me, made me bless its little electronic heart.

I had four hours of Tuesday's weather channel.


Yes, I'm *still* working on the damn cards. I got two more done today before finding something else to do.

4 comments:

lauren said...

man... i need to get me some of that tivo action...

russ said...

Yes you do. Highly recommended. The time it saves pays for itself! Even if you don't record the show it tracks 30 min of what's on, so you can wait ten or fifteen minutes before starting to watch something and just zip through the commercials.

firefly said...

nothing but good things about tivo. *sigh* i really wish i had invested in something like that when i had the money... oh wait, i never had the money. heh. go figure.

russ said...

They are great. I'm glad I got mine when I could afford it.