This isn't funny

I'm sorry, but fuck this shit.

As if we're not having enough troubles with earthquakes, fires, runaway train disasters, and sick birds, we've got hundreds being burned to death in Uganda, Palestinians and Israelis killing each other, riots and coups in Haiti, car-bombings in Kirkuk, the Canadians are suing their own government over the SARS handling.

I often consider getting revenge, and I'm not proud of that, but you don't have to act on it! When is this insanity going to end? Can't people TALK about things any more?

Is there no other way to stop this madness?


I actually wrote a new one-page synopsis for The Reader's Emporium! I also moved my notes about Kicker from the tiny print edition to the "official working ms" version! It was fun looking over the text again, just to locate where the corrections should go. I also made a timeline thing, kind of, and marked up a 2001 calendar with how the story would fit. That made it easier to answer some of the questions I had!

I also met with a writer friend today, and probably pissed him off. Or hurt his feelings. Or something. I don't know why, but instead of being all full of praise I first noted a syntax problem (he had the main character bathed in a ceiling instead of the light coming through it). It was an obvious grammatical boo-boo to me, but I knew what he meant and it was unkind of me to bring it up.

0 comments: