Heat and humility

I've decided if I don't officially recognize summer now it may be over before I can. Since I'm not society cool the arrival of summer is not met with seersucker suits, white shoes, and a new skimmer purchase on Memorial Day weekend.

It is, however, usually noticed by me by the change from coffee to ice tea. I may officially begin ordering that now at coffee shops. I'm not sure if I like iced tea or not, but I drink a lot of it sometimes. It's easy to swallow, I'll give it that. At home I make sun tea on occasion, but don't know if there's a recipe or not. I just put the big container out until it turns some sort of color, then toss in some lemon juice and call it quits.

I was warm all day, from my toes to the top of my recently cut hair. The top of my head hurts, almost like I hit it on sometime, and I was sweating so much when I drove back home today the clerk in Vons commented on it. This was after half an hour shopping, too.

Still, it was a glorious day out today, but that word's inadequate to express how I feel right now. Very much at peace, as opposed to yesterday's trepidation, calm within, and not even obsessing over failures. I've received some good advice (calm the fuck down) which I should probably take.

Cooked. Wrote a little. Thought a lot. Pretended to clean, but it was too warm. I need to move my computers from point A to point B, maybe just to say I did. The machines are easy enough, it's all the goddamn peripherals and cabling that make it such a chore.

I don't think I made many mistakes today. Maybe disappointed people, maybe not. I'm far from godlike.

0 comments: