My size

I'm about 6'1" tall and weigh a little less than two hundred pounds. I guess I'm knda big, but the shadow I cast over other people's lives is huge.

I don't think it's a good shade, either. Nothing to relax in or to enjoy. I bring with me a host of problems, new ones for people to deal with and ones that are particular to me. I make people adapt, and not pleasantly, to make adjustments they hadn't planned on, to modify their behavior to permit me room. I shove aside intentions and replace them with adjustments, made mostly to please and mollify me.

Normal life is disrupted by my presence, ruined and tattered. The people I meet are usually doing fine before I enter their lives, then their hopes and plans have to be modified because of my arrival and actions, and they are left with less than they once had.

I always say I want to be harmless, to go through my life without injuring others, but I fail horribly in that task. People minding their own business, relying on me, find my irresponsibility detrimental to their continued existence. I don't mean to storm through lives, but I do, and I hate the results I make in the good and decent family members and friends I touch.

It is a wonderful life, but my travels through it serve mostly as a example of what to avoid.

0 comments: