Bingo!

Hooray! I've finally won!

The last twenty-five hits on my site have ALL been bots! I'm so proud.

I exist for the pleasure and sake of the machines.

I mean, I get ten times as many hits from Yahoo!, Google, Okami, et al as I do from human viewers who actually visit my site because they're told to do so by authorities, but never before has every hit been a bot.

I remember one economist once pointing out that you can't have service-based economy based solely on people delivering pizzas to each other. I wonder if you can have a blogging community based solely on bots indexing and tracking things no one ever reads.

4 comments:

theangler said...

I am a robot. I read your blog. All my robot friends think your blog is totally cool. Your blog is the thing to read for all sophisticated robots trolling the web.

flickguy said...

Visit my site!

(Okay, not really. But that's the kind of thing that a robot visitor might leave as a comment.)

I just wanted you to know that I've been enjoying your tips in the Nano forum... your Big Train Show updates on the Train Show site, and of course, reading all about rain and how it affects, life, the universe, everything, and newscasters.

Seriously. I think you're awesome, and I would love to read The Big Train Show upon its completion. (Even upon the rough draft's completion.) Keep up the awesome work, Russ!

russ said...

Yikes! And here I thought the sophisticated blog was Wonkette's!

It might be cool to have a blog that contained only nonsense (no comments, please), machine-generated nonsense just to track bot visits...

SFHope said...

I found your post by googling "people delivering pizzas to each other". =D