Water Falling From the Sky!

It had to happen. It's raining. I'm dry and snug inside, so no need to worry about me, but I know the freeways will be a mess and it will be a sad and long drive home for most people.

I do get mad. Not often, and not normally that I can notice, but it does happen. When I get mad I have a tendency to say things that hurt other people. I do this as a means of demonstrating my maturity, how I can make them hurt, too. It's one of my least desired traits.

Instead of acknowledging my problems and bringing myself back up, I seek to reduce others to my level. This tactic, I must admit, has never worked, but that's because most other people are more mature and together than I am.

So, I tried to avoid doing that this weekend and, of course, that just made things worse.

I found an interesting thing in my blogging software: "236 karma votes cast (1.2 on average per entry) with 180 positive and 56 negative for a total karma rating of 124" My guess is that other bloggers would look at those numbers and laugh, but they're not me.

This must be a joke.

I'm guardedly optimistic about this year's novel. If I can get past worrying about myself for a little while I think I can fashion a usable storyline. I know I don't need it all worked out by Nov 1 when I start writing, but I do think it's better to have a turning point towards which to write. I should go over my notes, see what still strikes me as interesting, and let things flop around in the back of my head.

0 comments: