...Gray (grey) and Foggy

I am really in a quandry. Or is that quandary?

Okay, as far as this novel thing goes, I'm wondering more about this traveling carnival. It seems almost *too* easy, even though I know nothing of carnival life. The easy part is it immediately adds intrigue, romance, and lots of corn dogs.

It turns out there *are* still carnivals that travel around. I don't think they do so on trains, which might happen anyway, but the best part is it will strap a ticking clock on Dina's availability, or the time she has to complete something.

Falling out of love with her name, too, by the way.

Today instead of doing any plotting or novel-thinking, I watched the ball games. Funny how I end up rooting for one team over the other when I honestly have no plan to do so. No, not the American League games, I have to want Boston.

Minardi spent the day huddled away from the rain, which kept the house fairly clean.

2 comments:

theangler said...

I like the traveling carnival idea. A few months back I read "Coming Soon!!!" by John Barth. That novel concerns a traveling show on a floating barge. Lots of tie-ins with Show Boat--very postmodern too. I wouldn't worry about making the carney too realistic. Putting it on a train will automatically make it a little out of the ordinary.

russ said...

Last year I read "As I Lay Dying" to see how to do my story (multiple first person POV, present tense). Now I've got something to read for this year!

This may be the best news, yet. I worry about cliches, but maybe I can turn the carney one to my advantage.