The Old Grind

NaNo is back. I may have to do a lot more blogging about writing (any would be more) now, but I'll be doing a lot more thinking about writing so I hope that it will be easy.

Before I knew it I had a message from a friend, and before I knew it I had wasted several hours on the fora. I don't feel the thrill and rush yet, but I think it will come. I need to do some serious walking or thinking to get my story in order, and maybe I can do that while riding.

It's been a day of holding my breath. I know the only treasures in life come from taking risks ("A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are for" is one of my favorite expressions), but I still don't like it. I always feel as if I'm setting myself up for rejection, even though that's rarely the outcome. The thing is, if I expect black or white, if that's all I can imagine, the answer is invariably orange.

I love surprises, but not sobering ones.

As to the debate....the best response I heard was someone remarking on the choice of neckware. Kerry, in an effort to get blue states, was wearing a red tie and Bush was wearing a blue one. I wish I'd noticed that, that I'd been the clever one.

0 comments: