Ignoring the Obvious

Today I accomplished much.

On the novel front, and that's really the only thing I'm doing now (assuming thinking about something to write could be considered "doing," which is debatable), I've temporarily given up worrying about my female lead. She'll come when the time is right for her. No need to rush it, but I may consider having her run an amusement park ride. This might, of course, somehow tie into a train ride, and the Big Train Show.

I'm coming up with a secondary character, who may end up growing to enormous proportions. He's a bad guy, my first, and I have no idea what his outcome will be. That's definitely something I'll find out when I write out.

In other matters, life goes on. For a brief moment I was excited and happy, with Rough Draft working under *nix. Oh, sure, it complained a lot, but it worked and life was good. Then, inexplicably, it stopped working and has resisted every effort to show its face. I don't know what I did to get it to work, and what I did to stop it. It was odd, even at its best, since it wouldn't allow me to shut it down. I had to shut down (at least the GUI interface) to wipe it from the desktop.

Too bad for me. I keep getting these glimpses of a good life, then they're pulled away.

0 comments: