Whew! My Heart is Racing!

Oh, man! What a debate the veeps just had! I can't wait until tomorrow to see if I got the winner right!

On a side note, I noticed Sen. Edwards punctuating his remarks with a fist. I wonder if I ever do that when *I* talk. I don't think so, and can't imagine it, but my guess is it resonates well with the American people.

Today was mostly frustrating. I had plans and things, but few of them made it to fruition. I *did* get the other computer working again (it had lost one of its CDs), but that wasn't on my list. I started to clean up around 'puter central (I was looking for a CD) but gave it up when I realized it was more work than reward. I may try again but not for a few days. I don't need the CD until late in Oct, if then.

Had big plans to do some serious mulling over of my upcoming novel. Didn't. I'm not yet good enough on my bike to concentrate on character development while dodging traffic. Walking is better for that: it gives me more time. I think it's good to have a character who has a quirk, but it must be one that makes sense. Just having someone who wears hats or who whistles isn't what I'm looking for. Sure, it makes them memorable to the reader in the book, but I don't think she or he would live on much past the last page.

I want a *real* character, one who's both likeable and who can stick with the reader. I'm thinking...

0 comments: